Speaking on behalf of the lawmaker, Mr. Omolebi-Sunday Segun Tunde, Senior Media Aide and Director of Media and Publicity for Hon. Oke, said the allegations were not only false but dangerous, warning that those behind them were attempting to whip up public anger without presenting evidence.
“Honourable Wole Oke has no connection whatsoever with the killing of Mr. Aderogba, and neither has he authorised, encouraged, sponsored or directed any individual to harm any resident of Esa-Oke or any part of Osun State,” Tunde said.
In a statement made available to Patriotic Insights News on Wednesday, the media office accused the Osun State Government’s spokesperson, Mallam Olawale Rasheed, of engaging in what it termed a reckless media trial against Oke, his aide and APC members over the incident.
The statement maintained that allegations of murder could not be reduced to campaign slogans, insisting that the killing must be investigated by security agencies rather than debated through politically charged statements and public accusations.
It said the allegation that an aide of the lawmaker allegedly invited the deceased to a meeting was being used to manufacture suspicion where no credible evidence had been presented.
“If the government or any individual possesses credible evidence against anyone, the proper place to submit it is before the police and relevant investigative authorities, not on partisan platforms designed to whip up anger and incite the public,” the statement said.
The media office also criticised Governor Ademola Adeleke for allegedly making comments that appeared to portray political opponents as guilty before the conclusion of a police investigation.
It asked whether the Osun State Government was pursuing justice for the deceased or seeking political advantage ahead of the governorship election.
According to the statement, Oke remained committed to peace, democracy and the safety of residents of Osun State, irrespective of their political affiliations.
It added that the lawmaker had consistently rejected violence and would never be involved in any plot capable of destabilising his constituency or endangering innocent citizens.
The media office, therefore, demanded an immediate, transparent and independent investigation into the killing of Aderogba, urging security agencies to arrest and prosecute whoever is found culpable, regardless of political affiliation.
It also demanded the immediate withdrawal of allegations against Oke and his aides, as well as a public apology from those behind the publication.
“The death of Mr. Aderogba is a tragedy that deserves justice, not propaganda,” the statement added.
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in…
President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Abel Enitan as the new Head of the Civil Service…
Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…
President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…
Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…