In a statement issued on Monday, the President said no child should be taken from the safety of a classroom and sympathised with families affected by the attack on communities in Esiele and Yawota.
“No child should be taken from the safety of a classroom. No parent should have to endure this anguish,” Tinubu said.
The President also mourned Michael Oyedokun, the teacher reportedly killed by his abductors, and extended condolences to his widow and family.
“I also extend my deepest condolences to the family of the late teacher, Michael Oyedokun. His sacrifice will not be forgotten, and his family will not be abandoned,” he said.
Tinubu assured that ongoing rescue operations would be intelligence-driven and sustained until all abducted pupils and teachers are freed.
“Our rescue efforts will be intelligence-led, careful, coordinated, and sustained. We will deploy every lawful tool available, both kinetic and non-kinetic, to ensure our children and teachers are safely returned home,” he stated.
The President noted that a high-level Federal Government delegation had visited the affected communities following the May 15 abductions.
The delegation included the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila; National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu; Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru; and Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, among other senior officials.
Tinubu said additional security measures had been approved, including the deployment of a specialised rescue unit and the mobilisation of 1,000 forest guards in collaboration with the Oyo State Government to improve surveillance across forest corridors used by criminal groups.
“I have also directed the deployment of a specialised security unit with advanced rescue capabilities to intensify efforts to secure the safe return of the abducted pupils and teachers,” he said.
The President added that a request for the establishment of a military base in the affected area was receiving urgent consideration.
The attack on schools in Esiele and Yawota communities has renewed concerns over school security and rural insecurity, with authorities continuing efforts to rescue those still in captivity and bring the perpetrators to justice.
Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…
The United States Coast Guard has lifted the Condition of Entry imposed on vessels arriving…
The presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Adewole Adebayo, has questioned the effectiveness…
President Bola Tinubu has joined a request by the United States Department of Justice for…
President Bola Tinubu on Tuesday met with the Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial…
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has said he could have helped President…