The Oyo State Police Command said investigators traced phone conversations believed to have been exchanged between some suspects and the abductors, which reportedly provided operational support for the attackers.
According to the police, the discussions allegedly included guidance on routes through the National Park and locations used as hideouts to evade security operatives.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Olayinka Ayanlade, confirmed that no fewer than six suspects had been arrested in connection with the incident and were currently assisting investigations.
“We have six suspects in custody and they are assisting the investigation,” he said.
Ayanlade said preliminary findings suggested that some of the suspects served as informants to the bandits, maintaining contact with them during and after the operation.
“Our findings showed that some of the suspects were in contact with the abductors through telephone conversations, and investigators are analysing those communications as part of efforts to uncover the full network behind the crime,” he said.
He added that security agencies discovered that the conversations reportedly focused on movement routes within the National Park and safe passages used by the criminals.
“The conversations contained information on how the abductors could move through the National Park undetected and reach safe locations,” he said.
The police spokesman said the arrests were carried out during coordinated operations involving the Nigerian Army, Police, Amotekun Corps, NSCDC and Agro-Rangers.
He added that efforts were ongoing to track down other members of the criminal network still at large.
The attack, which occurred last Friday, led to the killing of two teachers and an okada rider, while several school pupils were abducted, sparking renewed concern over insecurity in parts of Oyo State.
Iran’s military has warned the United States against launching further attacks, saying Tehran would respond…
The lawmaker representing Surulere I Constituency in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Desmond Elliot,…
Former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has declared that he did not purchase the African…
The Federal Government has called on Nigerian entrepreneurs, innovators and startup enterprises to apply for…
The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday concluded its senatorial primary elections across the three…
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) has approved a $200 million financing facility for the…