The students were reportedly taken away on Wednesday night when armed hoodlums stormed a students’ lodge located at Anguwar Ninzo, on the outskirts of Gudi.
Confirming the incident in a statement, the spokesperson of the Nasarawa State Police Command, SP Ramhan Nansel, said six of the abducted victims had been identified as students of the university, while another victim was said to be a visitor staying with one of the students at the time of the attack.
He explained that the command received a distress call around 9:00 p.m. on May 6, 2026, reporting the invasion of the lodge by armed men who abducted the victims to an unknown destination.
Following the attack, the Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Shetima Jauro Mohammed, visited the scene for an on-the-spot assessment and assured residents, students and the university community that efforts were ongoing to secure the safe release of the abducted victims.
The police also announced the deployment of a combined security team comprising personnel of the Nigeria Police Force, Department of State Services, military, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, vigilante groups and other tactical units to intensify rescue operations.
According to the command, the Area Commander in Akwanga has also been redeployed to coordinate field operations pending the rescue of the victims and the arrest of those responsible for the abduction.
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in…
President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Abel Enitan as the new Head of the Civil Service…
Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…
President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…
Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…