World News

Ex-DSS Chief Urges FG to Heed Trump’s Threat Over Alleged Christian Killings

A former Director of the Department of State Services (DSS), Mr. Mike Ejiofor, has called on the Federal Government to treat with utmost seriousness the recent threat by United States President Donald Trump to take military action against Nigeria over alleged persecution and killings of Christians.

Ejiofor, who spoke during an interview on Politics Today, a Channels Television programme, said the government must not dismiss Trump’s comments as mere political rhetoric but should instead deploy diplomatic measures to manage the situation.

“I think the Federal Government should take Donald Trump seriously,” Ejiofor said. “Nigeria must explore all available diplomatic channels to avoid any form of international misunderstanding or confrontation.”

President Trump had, last week, in a post on his Truth Social platform, accused the Nigerian government of allowing the mass killing of Christians and threatened to authorize military intervention.

He also announced that Nigeria had been reclassified as a Country of Particular Concern (CPC) over alleged religious intolerance.

Ejiofor’s remarks come amid mounting reactions from both local and international quarters, with many analysts warning that Trump’s comments could strain diplomatic relations between Abuja and Washington if not properly handled.

Olayinka Babatunde

Recent Posts

2027: NBC Warns Broadcasters, Bloggers Against Misinformation, Hate Speech

The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in…

2 hours ago

Tinubu directs EFCC-recovered funds, unclaimed dividends to student loan scheme

President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…

2 hours ago

Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Abel Enitan as the new Head of the Civil Service…

2 hours ago

Osun: Suspected Thugs Attack Adeleke’s Convoy After Palace Visit

Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…

3 hours ago

Tinubu presides over FEC meeting

President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…

3 hours ago

Wike to Kingibe: You’ve Failed, Electoral Defeat Awaits You

Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…

6 hours ago