Politics

APC Dismisses Rumours of Wole Oke’s Disqualification, Says Party Yet to Screen Aspirants

The camp of Oluwole Oke has dismissed as false and misleading reports alleging that the lawmaker was disqualified by the All Progressives Congress, insisting that no aspirant has been screened out by the party.

Speaking on behalf of the lawmaker, Omolebi-Sunday Segun Tunde, Senior Media Aide, Media and Public Communication Unit, said the publication claiming that Oke had been disqualified was “entirely false and should be disregarded by members of the press and the general public.”

In a statement issued on Thursday, the aide described the report as a product of “deliberate mischief” aimed at spreading distortion and misinformation within the political space.

According to him, “At no point has the APC screened out anyone, let alone disqualified any aspirant. The publication in question bears all the hallmarks of deliberate mischief, consistent with a pattern of distortion and misinformation that does little to elevate public discourse.”

The statement maintained that Oluwole Oke remains fully engaged with party leaders and stakeholders and is committed to the collective objective of securing victory for the APC in the state, particularly in support of Munirudeen Bola Oyebamiji.

The media office further stated that the lawmaker’s focus remains on “constructive engagement and strategic mobilisation” rather than distractions generated by political opponents.

While dismissing the claims as baseless, the statement also took a swipe at those allegedly behind the report, saying individuals lacking grassroots support should refrain from pushing narratives that would eventually be disproved across the state’s 22 wards.

The aide, however, stressed that the camp of the federal lawmaker would not be drawn into unnecessary exchanges, insisting that “the facts will continue to speak for themselves in due course.”

He added that the APC in Osun State remains united, focused and firmly on course ahead of future political engagements.

Olayinka Babatunde

Recent Posts

2027: NBC Warns Broadcasters, Bloggers Against Misinformation, Hate Speech

The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in…

1 day ago

Tinubu directs EFCC-recovered funds, unclaimed dividends to student loan scheme

President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…

1 day ago

Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Abel Enitan as the new Head of the Civil Service…

1 day ago

Osun: Suspected Thugs Attack Adeleke’s Convoy After Palace Visit

Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…

1 day ago

Tinubu presides over FEC meeting

President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…

1 day ago

Wike to Kingibe: You’ve Failed, Electoral Defeat Awaits You

Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…

1 day ago