Oke, who spoke on a Yoruba radio programme in Osogbo on Monday, described Adeleke as “incompetent,” alleging that the governor had failed in critical sectors such as education and healthcare.
The APC chieftain also faulted the conduct of the February 22, 2025 local government election by the Adeleke administration, insisting that the exercise was carried out contrary to legal advice and existing court pronouncements.
According to him, the Court of Appeal had earlier reinstated the APC-elected council officials, adding that the state government ought to have approached the Supreme Court and obtained a stay of execution before conducting another poll.
“The Appeal Court ordered the APC chairmen to return to their councils. I advised Governor Adeleke, Dr Deji Adeleke and Yeye Dupe-Sanni Adeleke that the matter should be taken to the Supreme Court, but they refused,” Oke said.
He further disclosed that the state Attorney-General, Wole Bada, SAN, later informed him that the government had no intention of appealing the judgment.
“Had they gone to the Supreme Court and secured a stay of execution, then they would have had the legal backing to conduct the February 22 local government election,” he stated.
Oke also alleged that some local government workers connived with officials of the current administration to withhold documents required for the payment of salaries to council workers.
He accused the Adeleke administration of underperforming in governance, particularly in education and healthcare delivery.
“Adeleke has failed in the education and health sectors. Parents are now afraid to send their children to public schools,” he alleged.
Speaking on his role in Adeleke’s emergence as governor, Oke said he personally financed the purchase of the PDP governorship nomination form for Adeleke in 2022.
“I was the one who bought the governorship form for Adeleke. I know how much I spent to support him. I want to apologise to the people of Osun for helping someone I now believe is not competent to become governor,” he said.
Efforts to get the reaction of the Osun State Government were unsuccessful as calls and messages sent to the governor’s spokesperson were not responded to as of the time of filing this report.
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in…
President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Abel Enitan as the new Head of the Civil Service…
Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…
President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…
Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…