In a statement posted on social media on Thursday, US officials said they are seeking information on the group’s leader, Hashim Finyan Rahim al-Saraji, also known as Abu Alaa al-Walai.
Washington accused the group of involvement in attacks on civilians and US interests in the region.
“The group has killed Iraqi civilians and attacked US diplomatic facilities in Iraq, as well as US military bases and personnel in Iraq and Syria,” the statement said.
Authorities noted that individuals who provide credible information may be eligible for relocation in addition to the financial reward.
Al-Saraji is reported to hold a position within Iraq’s ruling Shiite alliance, the Coordination Framework, which commands a parliamentary majority.
Iran-backed armed groups have in recent years targeted the US embassy in Baghdad, logistics facilities at the capital’s airport, and oil installations operated by foreign companies.
The development comes amid heightened tensions in the Middle East following the escalation of conflict involving the United States, Israel and Iran.
Earlier this month, Washington announced a similar reward for the leader of Kataeb Hezbollah, another Iranian-backed group accused of abducting a US journalist.
The US has also reportedly increased pressure on the Iraqi government to rein in pro-Tehran militias, including suspending cash shipments and freezing funding for certain security programmes.
Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…
President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…
Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…
The United States Coast Guard has lifted the Condition of Entry imposed on vessels arriving…
The presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Adewole Adebayo, has questioned the effectiveness…
President Bola Tinubu has joined a request by the United States Department of Justice for…