Politics

Oyebanji Begins Re-Election Campaign, Targets 500,000 Votes

Biodun Oyebanji, Governor of Ekiti State and candidate of the All Progressives Congress, will officially kick off his re-election campaign on April 27 ahead of the June 20 governorship election.

 

The Director-General of the Biodun Oyebanji 2026 Campaign Organisation, Cyril Fasuyi, disclosed this during a press conference in Ado Ekiti on Wednesday.

 

Fasuyi said the campaign would be issue-based, adding that the governor is seeking a second term based on his performance in office and the support of the people.

 

He noted that grassroots mobilisation had already commenced through door-to-door engagement, while the formal flag-off aligns with the timetable of the Independent National Electoral Commission.

 

“Our objective is for APC to win in all 177 wards of Ekiti State. We are targeting a minimum of 500,000 votes. With discipline and hard work, it is achievable,” Fasuyi said.

 

He explained that the campaign would highlight the administration’s achievements in infrastructure, education, healthcare, security, and governance reforms.

 

According to him, Oyebanji has built on the legacy of his predecessor, Kayode Fayemi, by delivering key projects across the state.

 

Fasuyi said roads have been rehabilitated across all local government areas, schools renovated, teachers trained, and bursaries restored, while health centres have been upgraded and better staffed.

 

He added that Ekiti has recorded improvements in transparency and governance rankings, while initiatives such as the Ekiti Knowledge Zone and revived farm settlements are aimed at boosting economic growth.

 

The campaign director also highlighted increased female participation in governance, noting that women currently occupy key leadership positions in the state.

 

Fasuyi emphasised that the campaign would be driven at the ward and local government levels and would focus on promoting the administration’s achievements rather than attacking opponents.

 

“This campaign must run without rancour. We will market our record and our plans, not abuse opponents,” he said.

Olayinka Babatunde

Recent Posts

2027: NBC Warns Broadcasters, Bloggers Against Misinformation, Hate Speech

The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in…

3 hours ago

Tinubu directs EFCC-recovered funds, unclaimed dividends to student loan scheme

President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…

3 hours ago

Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Abel Enitan as the new Head of the Civil Service…

3 hours ago

Osun: Suspected Thugs Attack Adeleke’s Convoy After Palace Visit

Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…

3 hours ago

Tinubu presides over FEC meeting

President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…

4 hours ago

Wike to Kingibe: You’ve Failed, Electoral Defeat Awaits You

Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…

7 hours ago