World News

Iran demands guarantees, reparations to end war with US, Israel

Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian has outlined conditions for ending the ongoing conflict involving Iran, Israel and the United States, insisting that any ceasefire must include international guarantees against further attacks on his country.

 

In a message posted on X on Wednesday, Pezeshkian said lasting peace would only be possible if global assurances are established to permanently halt military strikes against Iran.

 

He also called for financial reparations and insisted that Iran’s “legitimate rights” must be recognised as part of any settlement.

 

While the Iranian leader did not clearly define the rights he was referring to, analysts say the remarks may be linked to recent political developments in the country following the reported death of former Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

 

The leadership position is said to have been assumed by Mojtaba Khamenei, whose emergence as Iran’s new religious leader and head of state has drawn international attention.

 

Earlier this week, US President Donald Trump criticised the development, saying he was “not happy” about Mojtaba Khamenei’s appointment.

 

“I don’t believe he can live in peace,” Trump said, without providing further details.

 

The conflict involving Iran, Israel and the United States has heightened tensions across the Middle East and raised global concerns about a broader regional escalation.

Olayinka Babatunde

Recent Posts

2027: NBC Warns Broadcasters, Bloggers Against Misinformation, Hate Speech

The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in…

2 hours ago

Tinubu directs EFCC-recovered funds, unclaimed dividends to student loan scheme

President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…

2 hours ago

Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Abel Enitan as the new Head of the Civil Service…

2 hours ago

Osun: Suspected Thugs Attack Adeleke’s Convoy After Palace Visit

Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…

2 hours ago

Tinubu presides over FEC meeting

President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…

2 hours ago

Wike to Kingibe: You’ve Failed, Electoral Defeat Awaits You

Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…

6 hours ago