The Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission (PCACC) has launched an investigation into the alleged misappropriation of over N4 billion meant for the Dala Inland Dry Port project during the administration of former Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.
The funds were reportedly allocated to a contract for infrastructure development at the port shortly after the state’s 20 per cent equity in the company was allegedly transferred to members of the Ganduje family in 2020. The transfer, sources said, effectively removed Kano State as a co-owner of the project and made Ganduje’s children directors and shareholders in the company.
It was further alleged that the contract was awarded despite the state no longer holding ownership in the project at the time.
PCACC Chairman, Saidu Yahya, told journalists over the weekend that the investigation had reached an advanced stage and would soon be concluded.
“So far, several persons of interest have been invited for questioning. One individual was arrested but later granted bail after providing useful information,” Yahya said.
He added that one of the suspects was currently in Yola, Adamawa State, and that the commission had established a prima facie case against those involved. Yahya confirmed that the matter would be taken to court once the investigation is completed.
The development has renewed calls for transparency in the management of state projects, with stakeholders urging swift prosecution to deter future misappropriation of public funds.
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in…
President Bola Tinubu has directed that liquid funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes…
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Abel Enitan as the new Head of the Civil Service…
Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after…
President Bola Tinubu is presiding over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the…
Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has launched another attack on Senator Ireti Kingibe,…